Terms & Conditions
Our website grants you non-exclusive limited license to use the Group Deals plugin and other products sold through our website (http://groupdealsplugin.com) by Zao Web Design, LLC (“Zao”) and the GetShopped division of Instinct Entertainment, Ltd. (“Instinct”) (the “products”) in accordance with these Terms & Conditions (the “license) issued by our company.
1. Plugin Licensing
The Group Deals Plugin is licensed under the GNU general public license (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html).
2. Automatic Upgrades
Automatic Upgrades are available to customers who have purchased a support license in accordance with the license they have purchased. You may not resell access to your support license key.
After we have successfully processed your payment, you will receive an email with the download link and support license key. This may take up to 1 hour to arrive, but usually happens within minutes of placing the order. If you do not receive an email after this time period, please contact us. You may then login to our support forums to receive support, if you use the email address you used to purchase the plugin you will have instant access to all support related material.
You may not claim intellectual or exclusive ownership rights to any of our products. All products are property of GetShopped and Zao. They are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. We shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or losses that occur out of the use or inability to use our products.
5. Site Content
All site content, including imagery and documentation that is published on GroupDealsPlugin.com is the property of GetShopped and Zao. Any replicated site content must be authorized in advanced. Content from this site shall not be used or exploited for commercial or non-commercial purposes without the prior written consent of GroupDealsPlugin.com, GetShopped, Zao and any other affiliated companies.
6. Refund Policy
As we are offering non-tangible digital goods, we do not issue refunds after the purchase has been made. Contact us directly if you have any questions about this.
GroupDealsPlugin.com, GetShopped, Zao and any other affiliated companies offers WordPress plugins “as is” and with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you would like or will be compatible with all 3rd party components and plugins. We do not offer support via email or otherwise support WordPress or other WordPress plugins we have not developed.
Support is offered via a support tokens. Purchasing support tokens provide you with access to our premium support forum and the assistance of one of our developers.
Support and automatic product updates are provided for the terms specified in whatever license you have purchased and may be renewed after that term expires.
8. Price Changes
GroupDealsPlugin.com, GetShopped, Zao and any other affiliated companies reserve the right, at any time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, a support license with or without notice. Prices of all products are subject to change. Notice of price changes will be made on the site.
9. Applicable transaction rates
Part of the Group Deals business model is to provide extraordinary, relevant third-party services via API integration to our customers, generally at no extra cost. The manner in which we fund these endeavors is through the facilitation of transactions on behalf of our customers and taking a small percentage of each of these transactions. For high-level operations that wish to avoid this transaction model, we offer the Enterprise license of our plugin. This allows businesses to completely circumvent our transaction model and integrate their own gateway.
10. API Permissions
We have developed a number of internal APIs for Group Deals that allow us to support our growing customer base. These APIs are integrated to the plugin and share important, but general information with us. Generally speaking, this information includes things like PHP version, WordPress version and other useful metrics. If you’d like to know more about this or are concerned about the information we gather, feel free to contact us.
11. License Upgrades
We happily allow for anyone to upgrade their license whenever they desire to do so. The essential process of a license upgrade is outlined in our FAQ. If upgrading from a monthly license to any other license, the total of (1) month’s subscription costs are applied towards the cost of the upgrade.
12. Affiliate Program
We offer a generous affiliate program.. It pays out 35% of all one-time purchases from the site. Minimum payout occurs at $200 in affiliate commission. Payouts will be made on the 15th of each month, for the prior month. Transaction fees processed by Group Deals are not subject to affiliate commission. Recurring products purchased at Group Deals are currently subject to (1) commission, not recurring commission. Terms are subject to change.
13. Custom Development
We will, on occasion, respond to requests for custom development. Any code we produce as a result of a custom development request, even code developed as part of the Enterprise license, is subject to inclusion in Group Deals. We retain full rights to use any code developed under a custom development request as we see fit, including, but not limited to including said code in Group Deals, releasing code as a community or premium plugin, or re-purposing code for any other project. All custom development projects are billed at $150/hour.
Our plugin is guaranteed to function on a clean installation of WordPress. We do not guarantee it will function with all 3rd party plugins, themes or web browsers. We are not responsible for any plugin compatibility conflicts that may occur. It is our policy to support our plugins as best we can and we will provide support for 3rd party plugin conflicts at our discretion or as time allows. We are not responsible for any data loss that may occur as a result of installing this plugin.
Acceptable Use Policy
As the Group Deals plugin is currently integrated with the PayPal Adaptive Payments API, it is important to be aware of their acceptable use policies. They are outlined below, and available on the PayPal website. If you need to do anything outline in the Prohibited Activities for your business model, we would encourage the purchase of our Enterprise Version, which requires the development of a custom payment gateway but removes all ties to PayPal explicitly.
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- relate to sales of (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (d) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (e) items that are considered obscene, (f) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (g) certain sexually oriented materials or services, or (h) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (i) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law
- relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of real property, annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f), are associated with the following Money Service Business activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency exchanges or check cashing,or (g) provide certain credit repair or debt settlement services
- involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent
- violate applicable laws or industry regulations regarding the sale of (a) tobacco products, or (b) prescription drugs and devices
- involve gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes unless the operator has obtained prior approval from PayPal and the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.
Activities Requiring Approval
PayPal requires pre-approval to accept payments for certain services as set out in 6 above and detailed in the chart below.
|Service Requiring Pre-Approval||Contact Information|
|Airlines and scheduled or non-scheduled charters/jets/air taxi operators; collecting donations as a charity or non-profit organization; dealing in jewels, precious metals and stones; acting as a money transmitter or selling stored value cards; selling stocks, bonds, securities, options, futures (forex) or an investment interest in any entity or property; or providing escrow services.||Please send contact information, business website URL and a brief business summary to email@example.com|
|Offering online dating services; providing file sharing services or access to newsgroups; or selling alcoholic beverages.||Please send contact information, business website URL and brief business summary to firstname.lastname@example.org|